Together we can… build a brighter future
Hounds For Heroes assistance dogs can help overcome some of physical barriers and obstacles caused by your disability; promoting an increased sense of freedom, providing a loyal comrade and just maybe the beginning of a new life. Our application process is open to all UK Armed Forces and Emergency Services personnel who have become disabled or been injured.
- Complete an application form. You can request an application pack from email@example.com or telephone 01730 823110
- Hounds seek medical reports. On receipt of your application we will contact your GP for an initial medical report (please be aware this can take a few months).
- Half day assessment. If your application is passed through to the next stage you will be invited to attend our Training Centre in Hampshire for a half-day assessment. Family members and or carers are encouraged to attend with you.
- Home check. Members of the Hounds training team will visit you to carry out a home check and work place assessment if applicable.
- Further assessment visits. You will be invited to attend at least one more session at our training centre where you will work with different dogs.
- Two-week residential course. You will attend a two-week residential training course usually held in Hampshire. Here you will learn how to look after an assistance dog and manage your dog when out and about.
- Going home. If you and your dog are both ready, you will go home with your dog at the end of the residential training course.
- Ongoing support. You will continue to receive training and support during regular aftercare visits.